[Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug>: Debian packaging

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: <bug>: Debian packaging
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:15:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

 Debian packaging
aha, Debian packages underway, so it seems

Sure.

2007-12-20 21:43:13  [DATA]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/Gnumed/pycommon/gmCLI.py:address@hidden):
command line arguments: {'--conf-file': '/home/tillea/.gnumed/gnumed.conf'}
Let's take not of this.

Hmmmm, I often criticised that the config is copied from /etc/gnumed
to ~/.gnumed.  It seems fixed now because I just deleted my ~/.gnumed
and it does not contain the config file any more ...

2007-12-20 21:43:25  [INFO]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/Gnumed/wxpython/gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
  debug mode disabled

:-(

I now tick marked "Fehlerverfolgung" in the next try.

2007-12-20 21:43:25  [PANIC]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
  unhandled exception caught
2007-12-20 21:43:25  [PANIC]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
  exception type : exceptions.KeyError
2007-12-20 21:43:25  [PANIC]
(/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
  exception value: 'public GNUmed database (address@hidden)'
It seems, your configuration is faulty. You will want v8,
not v7.

This was caused by the user configuration file.  The general config file
does not contain v7 any more.  I replaced every occurance by v8.

Of course, it doesn't matter in the name/label of
the profile but the labels need to *match* groups under
which the profiles for the label are defined. You'd need to
check that. I just double-checked the tarballs for any
remnants of "gnumed_v7" but found none so this must have to
do with your local configuration.

Yes - but see my next report that should drop in soon ...

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de