[Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Server v8 installed on Mac screenshot
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:42:56 -0800

A bit of a busy screenshot but I thought maybe worthwhile. The following can be seen:

1. A unified postgres (Mac) installer image has been obtained from postgresqlformac.com and is mounted in the upper left window as volume "PostgreSQL 8.2.5". Highlighted within is the PostgreSQL.mpkg binary which one double-clicks to install the PostgreSQL server on the Mac. Also visible above PostgreSQL.mpkg is "Query Tool for Postgres" which may be of some use.

2. Below that (after installing client dependencies from
        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideMac )
is shown the window "bootstrap" which highlights the path from GNUmed- v8 which resulted from the automatic de-archiving of the download
        Gmed-server.latest.tar
from
        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/GNUmed-server.latest.tgz

Drag and drop of a Mac GUI object into a Terminal window transcribes the path into the Terminal window therefore after opening a Terminal window I simply did "cd <space>" and dropped the bootstrap folder onto my Terminal window yielding

MacBook:~ djb$ cd /Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/bootstrap/ <return>
        MacBook:/Volumes/MacBookHD_1/GNUmed-v8/server/bootstrap djb$

then I just did

./bootstrap-latest.sh (I will post a separate clarification about this)

3. To the upper right can be seen my Applications folder containing the binary Mac GNUmed_0.2.8.0 bundled by Sebastian, which I launched and opened selecting "GNUmed database on this machine (Linux)" with success. I suppose the option can be relabeled (*nix) or (Linux/Mac) :-)

PNG image