Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: DICOM viewers (was Feedback)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: DICOM viewers (was Feedback)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:53:57 +0100

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 02:16:31PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> 1) If another copy of the original may be impossible, or difficult, or
> simply inconvenient to try to access if it may be needed in the future (for
> example if the patient obtained the study and the CD while on a trip in
> another country) might a doctor wish to save these 0.5 MB to 10 MB files in
> GNUmed and would they do this through "Patient > import documents"?
Yes, just as I did yesterday with a study the patient
brought along from Austria. The simple solution is to
extract a few images and store them in the GNUmed database.
The better solution (if available) is to use a DICOM tool
and copy the study to the local DICOM store and the access
it via Aeskulap or some such viewer as Sebastian suggested.

> 2) if the local, regional or national medical system supports local storage
> of a pointer to the image, the ability to save and manage this could make
> it much easier to later re-access the same image. This could be implemented
> as an extra field in the "Document" and "Import Documents" notebook tabs as
> soon as any host imaging systems would provide and handle permalinks.
When we interface more closely with Osirix this permalink
URL behaviour will just fall into place.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346