[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed documents: about "parts"

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed documents: about "parts"
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:14:12 -0800

It occurs to me that some reports, even though we might receive them as a single file (as a multi-page TIFF or as a PDF), may themselves already contain a variety of different content for example if a patient being discharged from hospital is getting a new gp (or is being newly referred) the discharge/referral package may contain a bundle of

        Admission Hx Px
        Consultations
        Imaging (Xray etc) results
        Lab results
        Discharge summary

Maybe 5-20 pages.

If it existed as a single source file, it would be at the discretion of the end-users whether to bother to split this into multiple parts, which GNUmed does not presently build in the tools with which to do this. The user would have to split it outside of GNUmed.

It may also be correct to consider any GNUmed "Document" to be a "package" or "bundle" of information that may contain more than one part and even within a single part may contain more than one type of content.

PS on the Import document screen, for the field label "Associated episode:" can we say

        "Associate to episode:"

and since "Associated episode:" and "Type:" are required, should they be colored red as in the New patient creation widget?