[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed (debian) servers and security

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed (debian) servers and security
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:10:19 -0800

On 27-Jan-08, at 10:32 AM, James Busser wrote:

2. Debian etch - what should be done with it to make it more secure? Does it comes with services that should be removed or turned off? What manner of things (like Bastille Linux?) should be activated? Is there any set of practices we would encourage and anywhere to be pointed to?

I did find

        http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch1.en.html

and will go through it... I do remain interested in peoples' views about encryption and the most suitable package to do so.