[Gnumed-devel] text field "result_copies_to" needed in clin.lab_request

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] text field "result_copies_to" needed in clin.lab_request
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:56:51 -0800

We need a text field

        result_copies_to

in order to hold a record of which other doctors were designated to receive copies. This is a piece of information that is being returned in my lab data HL7 messages and is very important in the setting of shared care.

This field would also give a place where we could include (by pre- pending) the identity of the (external) ordering provider, if the test was something that they had ordered but that they had directed that we be copied on.

PS in the schema it also says next to fk_requestor

        who requested the test - really needed ?

Suggest change to

        the clinician within the praxis who requested the test

Suggest removing "really needed?" because its presence helps to identify who could receive the default responsibility for signing the result.