Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple Invoices for billing

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple Invoices for billing
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:57:21 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

>> It's PHP/
Karsten> ...
>> MySQL
Karsten> No :-)

Ahh, my mistake...OpenEMR uses MySQL, but then the same problem when
they use SQL-ledger for billing.

However, there is hope -
http://www.simpleinvoices.org/wiki/database_abstraction_-_pdo?s[]=postgresql

Karsten> I'd think it a waste of resources to run yet another database
Karsten> server on a machine. PostgreSQL is already running, so one
Karsten> might rather choose an invoicing solution which supports that.

I agree it's pita to maintain two database server, but both SQL-ledger &
LedgerSMB are quite 'heavy' for many users.

Karsten> Well, PHP/MySQL is just as easy/hard to interface to
Karsten> Python/PostgreSQL as Java/ZopeDB would be. It can be made to
Karsten> work but PHP/MySQL doesn't make it easier in any special way.

Right, right...It's clear that 'impedance-issue' is not light :-)

Dunno, how is GnuCash...

otoh, I'm sure that even running Simple Invoices without any interaction
with GNUmed might be good-enough for the purpose.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D