[Gnumed-devel] <feature> radiology report - text only

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] <feature> radiology report - text only
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:10:07 +0200

Hello,

I would like to implement a handling of radiology reports as text, not
as scanned documents.
The purpose is to be able to print it along with other elements of EMR
instead of attaching whole scanned pages in different formats.
I don't see any easy way to accomplish this in current GUI and database
schema - if I missed something - please let me know.

That's what I need:

The data stored should be:
[patient demographics],
<date of the examination>,
<examination type> (eg. "CT", "MRI", "DSA" etc.),
<report text>,
maybe also some reference to the facility performing the examination,
but this is not important for me at the moment.

The data can be displayed in EMR journal similar to the lab results, as
"objective" record with <examination type> + <body region> as header and
<report text> below.

There should be a form|dialog|notebook to enter the data manually and to
review it.

Due to the complexity of Gnumed, I would appreciate some confirmation
and guidance:
1. Is there a way to accomplish it using existing features I just
missed?
2. Is there anyone who works on it?

If I was to take care of it I would create separate table for it -
3. Are there any database consistency issues you all know about but I
might miss? (other than the basics about 'clin_root_item'  inheritance
descibed in http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/DbStructure)
4. Some info about auditing would help - is there any available?

Any comment welcomed.

Jerzy Luszawski