Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:14:11 -0700

On 12-Aug-08, at 3:00 PM, Rogerio Luz wrote:

Ok ...

I am oficially lost ...

We are disccussing "save" in this thread.

After all this, Karsten has made me see that what I want is already implemented.

So I would ask the other 2 doctors in this disccussion to summorize their present issues so we can try to see what we can acomplish from now on.

Please after explaining your trouble give a real life example is possible.

Sorry, for the trouble :)

No trouble, just an opportunity for improvement :-)

By the way, it is clear to me from

        "So I would ask the other 2 doctors..."

that you did not wish to limit this reply to me. The GNUmed list by default replies to "sender" not to list, you would need to "reply all" to make sure the list gets included.

When you say "we are discussing save" there are some dependencies which are part of the problem. Maybe they can be "unpacked":

1. The enablement of "caching" or "two-stage saves" of progress notes, so that a visit can be "paused" and permit work on other patients to be done before coming back to the "paused" patient.

2. The ability to correct something (whether this is a typo or anything more significant) after a note had been written / saved / signed.

Hopefully the above are enough detail of examples?

In GNUmed it is AFAIK only possible to emulate #1 by leaving one instance of the client in memory and minimizing or docking it, while opening and working from a second instance of the client in which other patients could be worked on. I will stop here until other parts of the discussion catch up.