Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to make the paper to EMR transition?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to make the paper to EMR transition?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:46:08 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:16:19PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> So ... first of all: I LOVE GNUMED :)))
Now, that's good :-)   However, I ask of you to stay
critical of what you love.

> Is there any way to "fake" the date of the episode?
Sure, if you want you can enter episodes in retrospect. But
it would be a lot of work. What you do is: start an
encounter, add data to it, adjust the start and end, start a
new encounter, add more data, adjust times, ...

The episode lasts from first to last encounter associated
with it :-)    The timestamps of the narrative will still be
"today" -- because that's when you truly entered the data.

> Or is it intended to be
> "from here on, I will make records on the EMR"?

Most practitioners I know do it that way. Additionally, some
scan old documents, some others even scan the old charts and
add them as documents as well.

> I wanted to start migrating EVERYTHING to EMR ... but is this supported ...
> say a layer in the timestamp so I would actually read that I treat Mr Fred
> since 2004 not since yesterday?
Yep, you can enter encounters in retrospect if you wish -
after all, one *will* need the ability to document
yesterday's encounter

> PS: I understand I can make a PAST HYSTORY encouter
Most things that conventionally are "past history items" can
be mapped to health issues in GNUmed. And, yes, you can set
an age of "first noted" as well.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346