Re: fields in health issues (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: fields in health issues (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:40:30 -0700

On 24-Aug-08, at 3:20 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Personally, I would create health issues "habits" and "fam
hx" and create appropriate episodes thereunder:

issue "habits"
 episode "smoking"
 episode "exercise"

issue "fam hx"
 episode "breast cancer"

Episodes already attributed to one of the issues "habits" or
"fam hx" can later be re-attributed to other issues as
needed.

Except... I understood that inside a health issue there can be only open episode... I did not understand any rationale for having multiple episodes open at any one time under a single health issue... is this possible, provided that they are differently-named? For example, within the health issue of diabetes, it is intended to have an episode of

        uncontrolled/high sugars

and

        painful dysesthesia / neuropathy

(even though, optionally, the clinician could promote the neuropathy to its own health issue)