Re: [Gnumed-devel] volunteer for creating tickets at LP

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] volunteer for creating tickets at LP
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:58:42 +0100

On Montag 05 Januar 2009, Gour wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After evaluating GNUmed for some time, I concluded it has too many code
> specific for dealing with the requirements of general-practice doctors
> and it would take too much work to tailor it for our own needs in
> homeopathic/counselling clinic.

That is too bad. I wonder if you could tell us in a year or so if you got any
of the other FOSS EMR running and working for your needs.

> Otoh, I have to work on another project (GUI app) which will require
> very similar database back-end (using Sqlite3 as application's storage
> format) and therefore we plan to abstract the whole database back-end
> (by using HDBC it is easy to e.g. switch between Sqlite3 & Postgres,
> which is not possible in GNUmed.) and use it in both applications.

I wish you success with it and hopefully you can scrath your itch with it. You
might want to contact Richard Terry and Ian Haywood on this list as I seem to
recall the did something similar.

> Moreover, I'm not fond of using/working with wx(python) as GUI toolkit...

If you have any success with the other frontends please let us know.

Have a good year,

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany