Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sent out emails to other EMR Groups

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Sent out emails to other EMR Groups
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:44:35 +0200

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 09:28:16PM -0300, Allan MacKinnon wrote:

> Template email:
> My friends at the GNUmed project and I are wondering if
> you would like to join our drive to package as many FOSS EMR
> software suites as possible for Debian/Ubuntu.  In your
> case, your own project :)

I do believe this wanted more careful wording. GNUmed
certainly doesn't have the resources to help, say, OpenMRS
or Vista, to create Debian packages. One should not make
them think so.

Like telling an obese smoker that the doctor will now change
his adverse lifestyle habits in order to control
cardiovascular risks.

> OpenMRS
>
>       - I'm having trouble finding the contact info. Their webpage is a
>                 mess.
>       - Weren't the Hilbert's already contacted by these people via an
>                 introductory message we couldn't decipher? If so, you guys
>                   can handle this one.  Maybe you can tell them to dumb their
>                     language down a tad so the native English-speakers can
>               understand :P

Where, when ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346