Re: [Gnumed-devel] Last post

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Last post
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:26:09 +0200

Hello Geordie,

persistent as ever :-)   That's good.

> I made a mistake it, I checked out the database with ethernet cord unpluged,

That's one way of making physically sure the client cannot
connect to the public database so any successful connection
MUST have been local. A valid debugging technique.

> because I can never tell wether It connects to Salaam or not.
Well, it says so in the first field of the login dialog ?

It then shows you a welcome message which is database
specific (admittedly, after normal bootstrapping all
databases have the same message). That message can be
adjusted from the GUI.

Starting with 0.5 you can always see the backend details
with "Help / About Database".

I am adding this to the startup welcome dialog, too, now.
See the screenshot.

> The interface  looks the same,
Sure :-)

> so I am a little nervous. With the ethernet cable out the
> check for update plugins, takes a long time to do its thing
This can be switched off in the configuration.

> and it looks like the program is not starting.
This could be improved.

> Next dumb question, what are the password for gm-dbo?

Likely gm-dbo as well. It depends on what you used when you
first created the user gm-dbo.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346