[Gnumed-devel] Re: Peculiar performance lags when raising and switching

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Peculiar performance lags when raising and switching among notelet tabs
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:42:03 -0700

Another example of this kind of lag (perhaps magnified by my use of a VM) is when -- inside the Patient details (to be Demographics) plugin -- where the current default subtab ("Identity") opens extremely quickly but, when I click on the second one "Contacts", there is a delay of 20-22 seconds.

When I click back to he Identity tab, the switch is near instantaneous, and when I again switch to Contacts (the 2nd tab) the delay before I get a response is again ~ 21 seconds.

This has in common something about the 2nd tab in wyPython/wxWidgets ??

if this hunch is correct then it will be interesting to see after the Identity and Contacts tabs becomes reversed (as I think is already committed for rc0.5) whether it becomes the Identity tab that will prove extremely slow to respond. ??