[Gnumed-devel] Monitor resolutions/sizes, also showing measurement types

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Monitor resolutions/sizes, also showing measurement types
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:09:14 -0700

The screenshot displays what is evoked from
        Office > Manage master data > Test types
and then resizing the window.

1) can the window be allowed a Zoom button or was this withheld in order to prevent users to minimize it, in case it would be modal and stump a user as to what prevents their capacity to get back to the main workspace?

2) if the client cannot easily know the current OS monitor resolution, is there any easy option to support a setting in a config file that would set a default, which the various windows could reference, in order to default to (say) fill the space which begins, at its top left corner, just below the patient ID and Photo strip (I like to call the top portion of the workspace the "patient banner") and above the plugin labels?

3) are the New and Edit buttons disabled only for lack of time to this point, because new measurement types can be created in the process of using the observation-entry widget
        EMR > Observations > Add measurements

4) does RR have some special meaning in German? I would just put BP

5) can we change default
        name = weight (body mass)
        name = weight

and instead make the default comment

        light clothes, shoes off, else comment (± 2.5-3.5 kilos)

6) can we make default abbrevs into
        wt
        ht

7) how far are we away from hot-key (or triggered) entry of observations from the Notes editor? What technical language is preferred within the list discussions on such an approach?

8) what is the best way to handle a mixed situation where patients' heights and weights are sometimes captured in Imperial/US units (pounds, inches) and other times in SI (m or cm, kilos)?

PNG image