Re: [Gnumed-devel] Person > Register person -- suggestions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Person > Register person -- suggestions
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:43:10 +0200

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 01:18:25PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Does anyone still require to use the old patient creation widget
>       Person > Register new (old stye)
> or can it be retired in favor of the improved input widget
>       Person > Register person (screenshot attached)

I would leave it there for this release.

> Can keyboard insertion point focus be set so that -- on opening of the
> "Adding new patient window" -- insertion focus is set into the Last name
> field?

Done.

> Can the positions of "identity", "Primary address (optional)" and
> "Other" be moved down by two pixels?

No. But what did you want to achieve with that ?

> Can a choice be made whether to shift "Basic Demographics" to the right,
> inline with the centre of the fields

Done.

> For the phone number, no capture of the type (cel, home, work) is
> supported.

That's good for the wishlist.

> This means that a user would have to follow-on any input into
> this field with some editing inside the Demographics plugin.

The phone number is saved as the home phone.

> Maybe the
> Demographics should be raised after patient creation separately from
> (ignoring) whatever had been configured as the plugin to be raised after
> search-and-activate an existing patient.

Done. It's not guaranteeable to work, though, since we can't
be sure the plugin is loaded.

> I do believe it important to add, to the rapid entry widget, support for
> *one* ext_id because:
> - in a region that uses medicare, it is often how patients are looked-up
> for clinical reasons and
> - in regions that use private care, each patient is usually associated
> with at least one principal ext_id that is good (and maybe critical) to
> capture
> ... if agreed, then this would include
> - - the person's external_id value and
> - - the name of this kind of external_id (suitable to disambiguate among
> various issuers)

Please put that on the wishlist.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346