[Gnumed-devel] client 0.5.rc2 bug "Attach documents" plugin

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] client 0.5.rc2 bug "Attach documents" plugin
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:09:35 -0700

Comments are enforced to be made, when they are supposed to be optional. If this needs a reminder, let me know whether to add it at launchpad.

I have a question that may affect other changes to the plugin...

Despite that office assistants need to be able to help with document importing, they are qualified to complete only some of the mandatory fields. In particular, the non-clinician should not be deciding the association to which episode.

Can the table blobs.doc_med be altered to permit NULL values for fk_episode and only disallow them to be signed except when a non-NULL value has been provided for fk_episode?

The alternative would be to have the non-clinician enter some new value for every imported document like
        new referral
or
        x-ray report

however, under this approach, despite that the signing clinician could alter the association to some other episode, it leaves an empty (orphan) Unattributed episode that takes extra steps to delete from the EMR tree.

Should this be added to launchpad, as wishlist or higher?