Re: [Gnumed-devel] Idea... cloning patients to facilitate GNUmed demo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Idea... cloning patients to facilitate GNUmed demo
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:46:34 +0200

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 08:31:41AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> If and when this would be attempted, would the Person > Merge command
> already identify the tables that need to be touched?

Not all of them by any means but it surely is the best
starting point in the current code.

> It would seem to me
> that the existing "Merge" feature may already be replacing the patient
> identifier in all records related in the merge

That surely is correct but the dump and restore of a single
patient must concern itself will all the dependant tables as
well.

> and presumably causing the
> deprecated versions to move into the audit tables.

That's right.

> In the meantime, I am supposing that what I talked about is best
> achieved either by deleting all patients other than the one I wish to
> create (and export) -- or else starting with a fresh db and
> - creating just the one patient
> - dump the db, save as "One"
> - within GNUmed, modify "one" into "two"
> - dump the db, save as "Two" etc
>
> that way, I can generate 3 versions of the dump, each with the data of a
> single patient.

That would work. However, those three dumps are not
restorable into each other, not even in succession.

> Presumably the dumped data of a single demo patient would also be useful
> to inform mini-projects.

For some projects that could possibly be helpful.

> Should such a demo patient better first have
> data entered in all tables, without which untouched (empty) tables may be
> omitted from the data dump?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking here ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346