[Gnumed-devel] Data mining plugin buttons obscured

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Data mining plugin buttons obscured
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 16:17:40 +0200

Hi all,

Let's see if we can fix the obscured buttons in the data mining plugin. The
buttons are not properly shown since the panel size is too small.

The file in question is gmDataMiningWidgets.py leads us to wxgDataMiningPnl.py
and wxgDataMiningPnl.wxg

Wxglade has a helpful preview feature which lets you see your changes.

Turns out there is a miscalculation of the space needed for the top panel.
There are a few ways to handle this but none is obvious

1.) One can set a fixed panel height so it will be large enough to display the
buttons, this will calculate the correct sash position for the splitter
windows

2.) One can specify a fixed sash position. This will calculate the panel size
accordingly

3.) One supposedly can set it to '0' which will give upper and lower panel 50%
- but does not

The underlying issue seems to be that the buttons don't report the correct
dimensions.

Until someone smart comes along and fixes the problem in an elegant way I have
set the sash position in this case to 150 to make the buttons show up.

Sebastian