Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup! (Macint

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup! (Macintosh)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 19:27:04 +0200

Am Mittwoch 05 August 2009 17:13:41 schrieb James Busser:
> Don, you and I both got the same
>
>  ImportError: No module named errorcodes
>
> Dunno about the
>
>    su -c
>
> problem. I am unfortunately an amateur in much of this. I do think that the
> following links (which maybe got buried in my other ramblings) may be the
> most helpful:
>
> http://jessenoller.com/2009/03/16/so-you-want-to-use-python-on-the-mac/
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2009-March/021125.html
>
> and maybe the Notes section in the bottom half of my previously-compiled
> wiki notes at
>
> http://salaam.homeunix.com/bin/view/Gnumed/IssuesMac

Nice work so far. As suggested before we should really replace the Mac
dependency cr***p by a clean solution. The solution is to use macports for
most dependencies but postgresql and gnumed itself.

I believe we can get psotgresql working from some dmg. All othe stuff for the
client should be shiped in a GNUmed dmg (as we do now)

Since the bootstrap part is largely a script I suggest producing a dmg as well
which will ship its own set of a working python and psycopg2.

Sebastian