Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: error

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: error
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:21:35 -0700

On 19-Aug-09, at 7:07 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

GNUmed 0.3.9 is very old

I am trying to learn a bit by the browsing of posted error logs. It seemed to me that instances of "Error" would point to the problem and in this case he or she seemed to have a gnumed.conf in their home directory? Isn't that odd? Do you infer a user idiosyncrasy or was it something with 0.3.9?

Also I wondered how you deduce s/he is using Ubuntu ... is it from personal knowledge that Ubuntu shipped 0.3.9 but maybe Etch and Lenny did not? I was wondering whether it is any value for the logger to query and record the OS that is running (in addition to the GNUmed client, which it already does).