[Gnumed-devel] my contribution - the plugins we use

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] my contribution - the plugins we use
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:12:24 +0200

Hello everybody,

It has been some time since my first attempt to use Gnumed. As some of you may
remember, I needed a database for small neurosurgical ward in a hospital
lacking proper HIS. So I started to modify Gnumed, and finally I developed 3
plugins, which we use daily. Let me share them with you.

1 EncounterEdit plugin
    1.1 This allows us to enter and modify existing narrative data on
          admittance, during hospitalization, and for discharge letter. All
          modifications are audited, of course.
    1.2 Printing of currently displayed encouter data is possible with one
          button click. (currently only for admittance and discharge)
2 Operaton plugin
    2.1 Operation report requires more specific fields than narrative, e.g.
          names of operator, assisstant and nurse
    2.2. One-click printing
3 EMRMultiView plugin
    3.1 This is simple modification of EMRBrowser with tree view combined with
          journal view and changes log view (displaying audit data) and the
          possibility to print the displayed data. The journal view is limited
          currently selected node in EMR tree, to alllow selective printing of
data.

All this goes in slightly different direction than main development of Gnumed,
which is intended for outpatient clinic.
We use on daily basis 3 functions:
1. patient status on admittance (based on progress note, using EncounterEdit
plugin),
2. operation reports
3. preparing of discharge letter based on demographic data and status at
admittance (also based on progress note, using EncounterEdit plugin).
All goes with nice printouts, customized to our hospital needs.

The screenshots can be obtained by following links:
https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/Gnumed_EncounterEdit-hospital_admittance.png
https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/Gnumed_EncounterEdit-hospital_discharge.png
https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/Gnumed_OperationReport.png
https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/application/Gnumed_EMRMultiView.png

I enclose a README file, with more informations about the plugins. Below are
links for downloading the sources.

NOTE 1: My plugins are based on client version 0.3.5 and database v.9 (I know
it is pretty old).
NOTE 2: I advise to restore provided database backup and the whole application
dirctory tree from .tar.gz, to avoid waste of time and nerves.
If you find these plugins interesting, help with porting to current main
version will be greatly appreciated.
NOTE 3: The printing of reports works with Polish templates, provided in the
database backup. Please just evaluate the plugins. If you need to prepare your
own templates, let me know. The problem of printing is still not solved as good
as I would like. Describing how I prepared the templates is too complex for
this announcement.

You can get the sources from
   https://www.xythosondemand.com/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed/
or with web interface:

https://www.xythosondemand.com/xythoswfs/webview/fileManager.action?entryName=/home/BLZ/Users/jerzy.luszawski/Public/gnumed

Any comments welcomed.
I suggest discussing each plugin in a separate thread.

Thanks to all for help at the beginning of my experience with gnumed.
Enjoy!

Jerzy Luszawski