Re: [Gnumed-devel] printing medication plan

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] printing medication plan
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:58:53 -0800

On 2009-12-11, at 8:17 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> We can produce a PDF from a LaTeX template and
> replace placeholders within it.
>
> I would like to ask people to design TeX or LaTeX templates
> for use as a printed medication list...
>
> A good tool to use might be LyX but anything producing valid
> TeX is fine.

Are placeholders things which need to be predefined, and are they therefore
having to be drawn from a fixed-at-any-time (but knowable) universe of
placeholders?

Are the placeholders a specific set or subject of objects that can be easily
pointed to anywhere in the code?

Are they, in any instance, definitions of a table name and column value?

Can any kind of starting point, one which includes placeholders, be offered?