Re: [Gnumed-devel] Windows packages - packaging guide available

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Windows packages - packaging guide available
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:23:21 +0200

Am Dienstag 11 Mai 2010 15:43:08 schrieb Sebastian Hilbert:
> Hi all,
>
> I have updated the instructions on how to package GNUmed for MS Windows.
>
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GNUmedNSIS
>
> They need some work so any feedback is appreciated.

I have used the guide to package the new version 0.7.2 for Windows.

Get the packages from
http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

I admit it took a few hours longer then I anticipated. I could have just built
fresh packages. However to make it easier for another packager to take over I
have cleaned up a lot of stuff in the build environment.

New version can now be handled much more efficiently.

Just as a reminder I am still looking to grow the packaging team. I can mentor
anyone wanting to package for Windows (first volunteer has showed up) , and
RPM-based distributions such as openSUSE, Mandriva , Fedora.

I can give some pointers on how to transform the Debian packages done by
Andreas into Ubuntu packages.

Sebastian