[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed for the Mac

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed for the Mac
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:14:12 +0200

Someone recently reported a GNUmed bug against GNUmed 0.5.0. Turns out he is
on MacOSX.

Situation is still the same. I don't have access to a Mac for development.
Looking at what has been documented in the wiki so far leads to:

- python 2.4 on Mac is not recent enough any more as we use hashlib
- wpython packages are in need of an update
- psycopg2 package has seen better times

My suggestions would be to install MacPorts and a full environment including
python 2.5, psycopg2 and so on. Porticus seems to be a nice application to aid
on the process.

Then the directory Library/Python.frameworks needs to be replaced to ship
python2.5

I guess the runpython script we ship needs to be changed from 2.4 to 2.5 as
well.

Any volunteers ?

A few pointers to ease the process:
- extract the app from the dmg and work in there.
- use macports with postgresql8.4
- use porticus

Sebastian