Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to bootstrap database on Mac "Cannot bootstrap

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to bootstrap database on Mac "Cannot bootstrap bundles."
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:26:29 +0200

Am Donnerstag 01 Juli 2010, 09:05:44 schrieb Jim Busser:
> On 2010-06-30, at 11:51 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Here is a patched tarball
> >
> > http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v13/gnumed-server.13.4.macos.tgz
> >
> > When you have a look at it:
> >
> > take a look at the conf files to see how I changed them to ask for a
> > password # password =
> >
> > habe a look at gm-boostrap-latest.sh for a working combination of su
> > syntax
>
> Thanks, but I did already get past this, still stuck wrt the cluster and
> encoding, not sure from the following what I should do and whether there
> is a way to instruct (warn) future people to take care of this when
> installing on Mac with Enterprisedb
>
>       http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/8.3/server/app-initdb.html

This is absolute non-solvable. People do not read documentation - at all.
Having said that I can only tell you that you are on track.

Reinstall. Once more :-)

Make sure that you select locale 'C' and utf8 whereever you can. I know it
works.

Have been there for Windows. Since people people don't read documentation - at
all (I said that before, did I ?) I have resorted to doing a silent
installation on Windows. I will preset all values including the postgres
password.

But since you read documentation just reinstall an make sure that locale is
'C' and encoding is utf8.

All will be good then.

When reinstalling don't forget to clean up properly. You know what I mean.

Sebastian