[Gnumed-devel] Rethinking Medications… more t han just a snapshot list

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Rethinking Medications… more t han just a snapshot list
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:02:18 -0800

I remain close to production use of GNUmed but  the current medication list
"snapshot" mode is not enough. It will frustrate me that medication information
(once edited) disappears.

We *can* notice that when a medication is discontinued, it is really just made
inactive. The information about when a patient started the medication, and the
dosage, and the purpose (episode) and the aim and advice, remains available.
The user needs only to click the "inactive" checkbox atop the list to see these
inactive medications.

I would like to extend this "accessibility" so that, when a medication gets
altered, the previous information can stay available. This needs to manage
competing use cases but I think I have worked it out maybe reasonably well (??)

see http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MedicationHistory