[Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 23:34:07 -0700

I have maybe not yet used GNUmed enough, but it seems to me that

        phone consultation

might be better renamed

        phone with patient

and two more added

        phone with caregiver

        phone with provider

where "provider" serves the general purpose of any of

        clinician / doctor / nurse / physiotherapist / pharmacist

The only other consideration I would wonder is whether the naming makes a
difference for preferred sort order in the dropdown menu... would more doctors
more often be recording a phone call with a patient, or with a provider? The
naming above would place, topmost:

        phone with caregiver

so maybe it would better be

        phone with proxy