Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:44:24 -0700

I am now thinking about a level of users other than

        gm-doctors

What is absolute minimum access, which would still be useful?

First of all, is it meaningful to think in terms of a read-only level of user?
Someone who may need to be able to look up stuff (maybe in a training mode) yet
not enter / alter stuff? I am thinking even if a quality reviewer had the
administrative authority to come and do an audit.

Secondly, if we move on to the persons who do not need to know patients'
private medical information, for example reception, I might think to start with
the plugins

        demographics
        waitlist
        inbox

But these people sometimes need to be able to figure out such things as what a
caller is talking about which depends also when they were last in the praxis
and who they saw. So I would suggest to access via menu the list of encounters
except that menu option currently

- does display *reason* for encounter, and assessment, which desk staff may not
need to know

- does not inform which clinician or staff was associated with the encounter.

so, when the staff perform a patient lookup, do the staff maybe need to
correctly assign (therefore need to be able to edit) the type of encounter and
what kind of ability might the staff need to make an entry? Presently the above
plugins allow only to adjust demographics and add to the waitlist.

Should the staff be able to add a message into the inbox? Is the above
reasonable minimal functionality for a basic group of users and what should we
call this group?

        gm-basic ??

-- Jim