Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR > Show as_=85=A0Summary

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR > Show as_=85=A0Summary
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:01:08 -0700

On 2011-08-22, at 2:38 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Bearing in mind that the EMR tree is so much more informative, can we "lose"
>> the mini-dialog and remove from the menu
>>
>>      Show as … Summary
>
> The EMR tree is not guarantueed to be configured to be loaded.

If people do not have this configured and loaded, do they need (should they
have) access to this information?

Staff would in many cases have access to encounters from which they can
identify which doctors have been recently involved and from which they can see
(from the oldest encounter) the time span of care. What need have they for
knowing the numbers of the patient's problems or medications?

In the case of clinicians, the dialog will not realistically provide them the
detail that they will need, will it?

-- JIm