Re: [Gnumed-devel] B complex

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] B complex
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:30:03 +0200

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:57:17PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> How do I add b complex by tradename **dyn which contain multiple components

Just like any multi-component drug.

You may opt to only enter the "main" components, or those
you care about.

> and if all the components are printed, It is sheer waste
> of paper space.

If you want to omit printing a line for each component you
may decide to employ a medication list template which does
not contain a placeholder listing each component.

Your suggested placeholder might be fairly suitable for that.

> Addition of b-complex as a single substance is also not
> possible as I cannot enter the amount. Please help

If the amount of each component IS desirable to know it'll
be needed to enter it. If only of some, then one may enter
only some. If not, one may decide to use a fantasy amount,
or devise some "concentration", or sum up the active
components and state something like

        "Vit B complex" "724" "mg/ml"

For patient safety I would then recommend to use a
descriptive name:

        "Vit B complex (B12 xxx; b6 xxx; facid xxx)"

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346