Re: [Gnumed-devel] promoting GNUmed 2

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] promoting GNUmed 2
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 02:46:24 +0000

On 2012-05-24, at 1:57 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> 1) is the GNUmed png already in the bootstrap?
>
> No, but it is included with the client.

I think it has only

        gnumedlogo.png

which has the serpent, wrapped by GNU MED, but this png lacks the text

        "A free Project for Paperless General Practice"

>> 3) is LaTex (plus minus other output methods) able to incorporate such a reference?
>
> Yes.
>
>> 4) can LaTex scale the png to fit into some desired limited space.
>
> Yes.
>
>        http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Wiki/index.php/LaTeX:Pictures

ah, I incorporated the above into references now added to

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/LaTeX

and I can report some progress. The 'graphicx' package is not satisfied to be fed relative file references to the image in the client

        gnumedlogo.png
        bitmaps/gnumedlogo.png
        ./bitmaps/gnumedlogo.png

instead triggering the error

        File `gnumedlogo.png' not found on input line 235.

and the substitution of an image 'mask'  (see footer 1.png).

A full file specification such as

        /Users/djb/Downloads/gnumed-client.1.1.12/client/bitmaps/gnumedlogo.png

or placing a copy of the png into the relevant /tmp/ folder (and regenerating) will incorporate the png (see footer 2.png).

Some debugging is yet needed to decipher optimal LaTex syntax because -- as shown in footer 2.png -- the use of

        \includegraphics (from the graphicx package)

inside a fancyhd clause

        \lfoot{
        \includegraphics[width=4cm,height=1.1cm]{/Users/djb/Downloads/gnumed-client.1.1.12/client/bitmaps/gnumedlogo.png}\\
        }

causes the intended footer (and bounding horizontal line) to overlap up into the document body.

-- Jim