[Gnumed-devel] Be careful with LaTex gender mapper

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Be careful with LaTex gender mapper
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:37:14 +0000

I am glad that I proofread the first document that I created after making some
changes to my Latex templates.

I noticed that a patient on whom I had recently consulted, but whose
letter-writing was delayed, appeared in my report as being

        female/transg

which casued me to search through all available documentation because I was
unsure about this. I could find nowhere any validation, and saw in GNUmed that
she was coded as female.

This then led me to look at my template, where I caught the single rather than
(required) double-slash:

        $<gender_mapper::male//female/transg>$

caveat emptor!

-- Jim