[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed remains insufficiently well-known

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed remains insufficiently well-known
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:28:44 +0000

I suppose I was a bit disappointed not to see any trace of GNUmed in the
following article:

        Open-source point-of-care electronic medical records for use in
        resource-limited settings: systematic review and questionnaire surveys

        http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/4/e000690.full

Under their section "Data sources" they wrote

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We searched Medline (1995–2010), CINAHL (1995–2010), Google Scholar (1995–2010)
using combinations of the following search terms: Medical Records Systems,
Computerised OR Electronic Health Records. We conducted searches both with and
without the AND Developing Countries MESH heading. We systematically searched
the reference lists of articles retrieved, contacted key authors directly, and
posted enquiries to the Health IT section of Global Health Delivery Online
(http://www.ghdonline.org/) to identify key informants for EMR systems that
have not been subject to publications. We screened the identified studies and
software products with the objective of finding reports on specific outpatient
point-of-care EMRs. We contacted key informants whom we identified through
publications (OpenMRS,16 DREAM,11 iSante5), user groups (OSCAR,17 WorldVista18)
or personal contact (GHIS). We contacted the key informants about each product
via email.

Had they gone to wikipedia and searched "open source electronic medical
records" they would have located

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_healthcare_software#Electronic_health_or_medical_record

but any any rate we see (in the BMJ article) that what people find when they
look for EMRs remains incomplete, and maybe not very reproducible.

-- Jim