Re: [Gnumed-devel] xelatex/ xetex

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] xelatex/ xetex
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:00:51 +0200

Hi,
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:33:23 +0200
> Von: Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> An: address@hidden
> Betreff: Re: [Gnumed-devel] xelatex/ xetex

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 02:01:04PM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:
>
> > I renamed xelatex to pdflatex,and viceversa the xelatex
> > can be run by pdflatex command this way, but the things do
> > not work as xelatex seems to depend on pdflatex internally
> > and gives error
> > This is xetex , version ......
> > Pdflatex.exe : the memory dump file could no be found
> > Pdflatex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
>
> - undo the renaming
>
> - find client/business/gmForms.py
>
> - replace "pdflatex(.exe)" with "xelatex(.exe"
>
> I don't know xelatex options, though.

This is what I was after. Forget what I said about uninstalling Miktex. As far
as I can see Miktex supports both pdflatex and xelatex. This means Miketex can
stay as is.

However since you are using the frozen GNUmed you cannot easily do the change
mentioned above.

As soon as you can confirm that the usual suspects in GNUmed work as expected
with xelatex I will do the change for you and ship an updated frozen GNUmed.
Sounds like Karsten is doing some tests as well.

GNUmed will produce the tex file when trying to compile it. So you can
potentially find the temporary tex file and compile it with xetex manually to
verify everything works as expected.

Sebastian

Sebastian.