Re: [Gnumed-devel] current medication list for xelatex evaluation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] current medication list for xelatex evaluation
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:03:57 +0200

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:35:02PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:

> Use Sanskrit 2003 font from
> http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org/Sanskrit/itranslator2003.htm#dls

I have installed this font and it works for me in, say,
OpenOffice.

> Sending xelatex template modified for testing only.

This template certainly is not ready for testing with xelatex:

- it is not a utf8 encoded file
- it does not contain any Devanagari characters
- it contains \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc} which is, AFAICT, recommended
against with XeLaTeX
- it contains \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} which I am not sure is recommended

Please send me a file which I can simply run through xelatex
producing a PDF with Devanagari script in it. It does not
need to contain much content, just some characters.

To be sure the internet will not mangle utf8 on the way it
is recommended to zip the file before sending.

Again, the font installed fine for me so I am ready for testing.

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346