Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:44:46 +0100

Hi,

On Saturday, March 30, 2013 04:48:34 PM Busser, Jim wrote:

> On 2013-03-30, at 9:13 AM, Jerzy Luszawski <address@hidden> wrote:

> > My priority for now is the appointments plugin. There is

> > nice description in developers' manual

> > http://www.gnu.org/software/gnumed/developer-manual/appointment-book.html

> > but is it available?

> > I searched the list archive and found that Josiah Carlson developed a

> > scheduling widget

> > http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/AppointmentsSchedulingWidget .

> > Is it implemented somehow, or was dropped for some reason?

> It may have been dropped for no reason other than not enough time /

> resources at that time. I re-located in the list archive a thread which can

> be followed forward for a few posts:

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-12/msg00210.html

Jim is right. At the time there was simply noone to pull it off.

I have been looking searching for a viable solution for ages. There are quite a few scheduling solutions out there.

I then came to the conclusion that would make little sense to write a full blown solution from scratch. Rather one of the webbased solution could be attached to GNUmed.

I never found any software with a suitable API which GNUmed could use. So appointment handling never came to light.

Judging by the current situation it could indeed make sense to take a good look at the above mentioned code and have that polished for GNUmed.

With regards to ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/gnu/www/savannah-checkouts/gnu/gnumed/developer-manual/appointment-book.html

I don't have the slightest idea if this code ever existed. If so it was long before GNUmed became what it is today.

Sebastian