Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP row type 'u'

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP row type 'u'
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 18:55:16 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04:37PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> My question is whether it is necessary to use a symbol for
> this 'lack of assigning a soap row' or can the character be
> a space, which -- if accepted -- would require a future
> upgrade replacing the values of 'u' to values of ' '.
>
> The benefit would be to avoid to depict or present, in the
> GI and in documents, 'non' information.

U does not mean non-information. It says that this is a
clinical row but we don't know of which type.

As opposed to a non-clinical, admin row (which, admittedly,
shouldn't really be there but as long as we lack separation
of an administrative record from a purely clinical record
our best option is to clearly mark administrative
narrative).

> I only don't know whether, even if the above would be
> agreed-to, it becomes a problem to try to support a 'space
> character'  in the template specification

No. The template specs wouldn't need to be changed. Only the
output.

> and whether instead of
>
>       'soapu'
>
> we would need the space to be escaped, as in
>
>       'soap\ '

No need for escaping. A ' ' is, btw, already used to access
admin rows.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346