Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:28:36 +0000

On 2013-08-22, at 7:26 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 02:07:07PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The part that continues to trouble me greatly, as already
>> stated, is the requirement to input a date started for
>> medications when I do not know them and therefore anything
>> that I would input is wrong.
>
> That isn't exactly right: you might - say, by accident -
> enter the correct date.

requirement to input a "date started" for medications *[in those instances]*
when I do not know them and therefore anything that I would input is *[in such
instances almost certain to be]* wrong. But I suspect everyone knows this is
what I meant.

>> This bothers me to the point that I cannot use medication
>> management and if there is no clear commitment that any
>> solution will be implemented
>
> There cannot be any kind of commitment except by yourself to
> yourself. This is due to the nature of the process you are
> part of in this community.

There can be more than just commitments, by myself to myself.

There also can be commitments as announced by any others, once they have
decided / determined that they will do a thing.

More than that, I am stepping back to reframe, and offer that I am not (or at
least no longer) actually requesting, nor requiring

- any commitment (clear or otherwise)
- by anyone else

that something *will* happen. Any one thing will either happen, or it won't.

The precursor questions include whether, as unforked project controller, you

1. agree with the proposal that a given thing should happen, within official
GNUmed, and

2. agree in sufficient depth about the thing that is being proposed to happen,
and

3. (to avoid duplication, to) indicate whether it is anything that is on your
personal list of things you have interest to do, or whether the thing will need
someone else to provide you sufficient code to be incorporated into the GNUmed
project.

Where I am "stuck" is in the lack of having yet gotten feedback to indicate
whether, and to what extent, I have yet succeeded to gain agreement that GNUmed

1) needs to be able to record that a particular "date started" is, at least,
uncertain and

2) needs to be able to record a "date started" only to the level of the month,
or year -- or even not at all (null)

If there is not yet agreement, why is there not yet agreement?

Have I not yet adequately developed the considerations and implications?

Or, is it the case that there *is* agreement, and only (not yet) a decision of
which (or both) of the above -- or anything else -- would be the acceptable
solution(s) for GNUmed, if and when somebody has the opportunity to contribute
it?

>> If I am not confident I will ever be able to properly use GNUmed
>
> This is so overly broad a statement as to border on the
> untrue. In order to make it true you will have to define the
> precise context of "properly use GNUmed".

to use GNUmed for what it would like (?) to be able to do ...

to accurately and unambiguously (safely) manage, report and communicate
medication use in my circumstances of providing care

>> However, unless we can get over a few humps in the next 12-24 months,
>
> Within that timeframe a lot is possible. It begs the
> question by whom and which.
>
> Things being advocated and catered for are a lot more
> probable to happen than those not.

Well, this is one thing that I have been continuing to

1) advocate, and

2) cater for, in terms of trying to adequately develop and describe the things
that need to be taken under consideration, and the possible ways these things
could be handled.

-- Jim