Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4.7 Maintenance Release

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4.7 Maintenance Release
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:14:44 +0000

On 2014-03-19, at 6:13 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Database installation / upgrade:
>
> Note that this release, as usual, does NOT require a
> database upgrade. However, fixes to the database may
> have been provided which you can (and should) install
> with either
>
>       $> gm-fixup_server 19
>
> or
>
>       $> cd .../server/bootstrap/
>       $> ./fixup-db.sh 19

Great work on yet another maintenance release. A question, though, in relation
to such fixes as above (where they occur).

Can my conflicting memories be set straight as to whether -- in the case that
fixups had not been applied before a later upgrade -- whether the upgrade script

1)  will detect whether one or more fixes had not yet been applied

and, in such a case

2a) will apply the as yet unapplied fixup scripts, automatically, or
2b) requires the user or local IT support to apply the fixup scripts before
trying again

-- Jim