Re: [Gnumed-devel] Displaying measurements outside the measurements plug

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Displaying measurements outside the measurements plugin
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 20:32:42 +0100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 10:43:13PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> - renal function
> - pregnant state
> - diabetic (as risk factor for contrast nephropathy)

and thyroid function

> I suppose that in GNUmed's header region, beneath the gender and date of
> birth (if we are not already using this area) could be a good area for
>
> eGFR
> creatinine clearance
> or creatinine

and ... (what the user desires)

> and I am wondering how to make this easily configurable, so
> how about the following idea … see screenshot, where (beneath
> the gender and date of birth) I have mapped a portion
> labelled "Area …".
>
> What about allocating this space to one or more
> measurements, depending how much can fit here? Enabling this
> could be a menu item [ GNUmed > Preferences > User interface
> Header ] more or less like the already existing GNUmed >
> Preferences > User interface > Medication measurements and
> offering the user to
>
> Select the measurements panel to show in the Header below date of birth:
>
> (or meta test type, or first non-null subset of a named panel) which could be
> displayed as
>
> test type 'abbrev' + the value + the units
>
> e.g.
>
> Cr 179 umol/L (10m 18d ago)

Exactly what I was getting at - so you do agree this is
useful and the always-visible top panel would be a suitable
place ?

The area you suggest comes to mind most easily but offers
little space, even less when one or more patient tags are in
effect. Hence I wonder whether a dedicated (, third) line
ought to be added to the top panel to hold measurements ?

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346