gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] APE files in gnump3d

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] APE files in gnump3d
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:56:38 +0000

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 10:30:46PM +0100, David Bosque wrote:

> This  is  my  first  post  here and want to say that I've really loved
> gnump3d from the first moment I installed it :-).

  Great :)

> I have added the following line to /etc/mime.types:
>
> audio/x-ape                                  ape

  Add the line to /etc/gnump3d/mime.types instead, that is the file the
 server reads when it starts up.

> After that, I have added the following lines to gnump3d.conf
>
> downsample_high_ape = /usr/bin/mac $FILENAME - -d | /usr/bin/lame -b 128 -h
> --silent - -
> downsample_medium_ape = /usr/bin/mac $FILENAME - -d | /usr/bin/lame -b 96 -h
> --silent - -

   .. looks good.

> I  have checked that the commands for converting the ape files do work
> from  a  command  line,  the problem I have now is that gnump3d is not
> recognizing  my  .ape files as audio files and, thus, not showing them
> as a choice to be played.

  Great.

  This is a simple matter of adding one line to the file
  lib/gnump3d/files.pm.

  (Wherever it is installed upon your system.  Run "locate files.pm" to
 find it?)

  Near the top you'll see lines which specify whch files are considered
 audio ones.  (This will be moved into a configuration file soon.)

  Simply add a new entry to have .ape files recognised.  For reference
 here is what the section looks like:

--
#
#  Suffixes of files which are considered audio filetypes

  Add the following line there, and restart the server:

$AUDIO_SUFFIXES{ "ape" } = 1;

> I  know  I  am  very, very close to getting it working, so I refuse to
> give in. Any brilliant ideas? ;-)

  I hope the bit above helps.  You've certainly been creative in
 trying things, so even if it didn't I'm sure we can fix it for you.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/