gnunet-developers

[GNUnet-developers] New gnunet-guile & guix integration [Was: A few comm

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] New gnunet-guile & guix integration [Was: A few comments and fixes to the documentation]
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:23:25 +0100

On 2018-01-06 20:03, ng0 wrote:
Amirouche Boubekki transcribed 3.1K bytes:

The new code is less confusion with less macrology and less code in general,
it's my code afterall ;)

Cool. Do you want push access to that repo or a new one on gnunet.org
if that's more convinient for you? You'd just have to send an ssh key
(ideally gpg signed and encrypted), the access would be just for the
one repo.

I am not confident enough to use signed & encrypted ssh keys yet.

You will find my public key attached to this mail.

My take on this is to restart from scratch, so a new repository will be best.

I already have a sketch of gnunet-downloader which works.

Superb :) I didn't expect any of this to happen. So good :)

I hope you are not in a hurry, I want to make it right this time
and fill the holes I have in my understanding of how guile ffi works.
In particular regarding GC.

Also, we need to discuss guix integration at some point, but like I said
earlier I aim for generic bindings of gnunet not something specific to
guix.

The last part is exactly what the earlier version of gnunet-guile / guile-gnunet was working towards to, and what my primary interest in the long run is for
this.

So basically, guix requires the API to publish and download stuff over gnunet.
Is that correct?

~ amz3