gnunet-developers

Re: [GNUnet-developers] Goodbye ".gnu"

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Goodbye ".gnu"
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:14:52 +0100

Hi,

I need two clarifications as this change basically broke everything ;)

1. API:
The GNS_lookup API call takes a zone to look up in. Previously tools looked up
the "gns-master" for a sane default value.
This is no longer needed I guess??
If yes, we should remove it.

2. Proxy:
The proxy still uses gns-master for lookups. Now the question is if the
application calling lookup should handle the TLD or of the resolver takes case
of that automagically.  From your change in the CLI tool I assume the former?

BR
Martin