gnushogi-devel

Re: [Gnushogi-devel] Informing (proposed) package in Fedora

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Gnushogi-devel] Informing (proposed) package in Fedora
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:02:28 +0200

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 08:35:05PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Op Ma, 14 juli, 2014 2:15 pm schreef Yann Dirson:
>
> > I should really see how we could
> > testbuild on various OS versions to catch such issues as early as
> > possible.
> >

> For XBoard we use the Open Build Server (
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/apersaud:/xboard/ ) for
> this purpose. Don't ask me how it is done, because Arun Persaud always
> handles this, but it seems that you can build for various platforms there,
> submitting the source tar ball on-line.

I had a quick look at this - the main entry point is
http://openbuildservice.org/.  Could be interesting, but looks really
focussed on providing packages (which I consider more of a distro's
job), and quite a complex thing because of that.  And it only includes
Linux-based distros.

The GCC compile farm at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm could be
a better option, more lightweight (being just a compile farm), with
more architectures, and also including BSD platforms.

But for this to be most useful, we would need to have some sort of
testsuite first.