gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Re: Organising gnuspeech source(s) (David Hill)

From: Dalmazio Brisinda
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: Organising gnuspeech source(s) (David Hill)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:44:00 -0600

Hi David,

[...]

I'll work on some more stuff immediately, including putting an
earlier compiled version of Monet on the savannah site -- but not as
a release, only as a Beta.  Dalmazio has recently incorporated the
helper Beta app (unfortunately also called Gnuspeech) that translated
text into the Monet input syntax into Monet itself.  I have yet to
try it out, but the original helper app did not deal with all the
text that could be put in (unlike the pre-parser that was part of the
TextToSpeech Server -- the daemon that provided text-to-speech
conversion as a service on the NeXT and which Dalmazio is now working
on.

This is just to keep everyone up-to-date.

Oops. Actually, I didn't incorporate the helper app into Monet -- only got it to work on OS X 10.5.5 Intel and renamed it to PreMo for disambiguation. Similarly with the rest of the apps and frameworks. None of the apps would open in the latest Interface Builder, and required a bit of massaging.

The latest snapshot: there are currently 3 apps - Monet, PrEditor, PreMo; and 2 frameworks - GnuSpeech, Tube.

But I can incorporate the helper app (PreMo) into Monet as well.

Best,
dalmazio