gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] gnuspeech roadmap

From: Paul Tyson
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] gnuspeech roadmap
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:27:06 -0500

While working through David Hill's fine Synthesizer and Monet manuals, I
notice some differences between the gnustep windows and the screenshots
in the manuals.  From what I've read, there have been different changes
in the osx and gnustep ports from NeXT.  I don't have access to a Mac to
look at the osx version in action, so I can't tell what the differences
are, or determine what is the more advanced version.

Is there a plan eventually to merge the gnuspeech codebases for osx and
gnustep, or will they remain separate and parallel?

Should I try to make the gnustep Synthesizer app look and work like the
Synthesizer manual, or is there a more advanced design target?  Same
question for Monet.

By the way, the Synthesizer manual is not in SVN.  I've been making some
editorial corrections to the Monet manual, which I could send to someone
on the development team to check in.

Regards,
--Paul