gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] intonation control

From: Frederic Voisin
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] intonation control
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:17:57 +0100

Hello,

I'm starting with GnuSpeech/Monet to generate some sound materials for an
artistic project. I greatly appreciate the control of the synthesis, and I have
the three following questions. I use the GnuSpeech-0.7.1.dmg version on OSX
10.6.

- About intonation contour :
is there a way to save the synthesis with some ad-hoc intonation drawn by
myself into the Intonation window ? I succeed in listenning it with the
"Synthesize" button in the Intonation window, but when I do "Synthesize" or
"Synthesize to Sound file" in the Synthesis window, the resulting sound is just
using the default Intonation contour which it re-generate. So, I don't find the
way to save to a sound file using my own intonation contour (I've read previous
mails on this list which just say how to listen - synthesize, but not how to
save)

- What parameters represent the 16 columns into the file /tmp//Monet.parameters
- I see no doc about this file ?
Is this file directly read by the synthesizer or by the Monet's Synthsis window
- so that it may be edited to generate and save some ad-hoc intonation contour
or so ?

- Do GnuTTSClient and Synthesizer kernels exist to be called from a terminal or
a shell ?

Bests,
Fred