Re: Image flipping in NSCell and subclasses

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Image flipping in NSCell and subclasses
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:48:48 +0200

Alexander Malmberg wrote:
>> While looking at this I had the impression that all the flip
>> corrections for image drawing in NSCell and it subclasses should
>> be removed.
>
> I'm very glad that the corrections hadn't been removed yet. It would have
> made fixing the bug much harder than it was.
>
>> As I don't want to investigate this issue into too much detail I
>> would be glad, if you could shed some light on this and make
>> clear which of this is still needed and why.
>
> I explained it in an earlier mail here:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnustep-dev/2002-September/000910.html
>
> If that isn't enough, tell me and I'll try to clarify further.

I think I did understand what you did change with your patch on NSImage.
What I never did understand is all the flipping of images, whereever
they are drawn. And it still is not that clear to me, if we need that
fixup. What I can see is that NSBrowserCell does it wrong. At least for
the xlib backend. But as there is no difference in the code (apart from using the wrong composite operator) for this class, all the cells should be doing it wrong as well. But why is the problem only visible in the Browser?